Workin’ away on City of Devils promos. There’s a LOT to be done there…
Pressing Matters: Week of September 23-27, 2013
- Still reading through submissions – slush, sequels, solicited. So much reading!
- Finishing up on Grave revisions and waiting for rewrites to come back on Sword and Mixed Feelings. Yep, moving along…
- Finalizing the last few revisions on II Crimsonstreak. Soon…the launch!
- Many, many promotional items have been ordered for upcoming launches. Some make perfect sense, like bookmarks. Some, maybe not so much. How many buttercream eyeballs does a small press need, anyway?
- Infinity Key is in proofing now!
- Layout on Grave has begun!
Reviews, Promotions, and Buzz
- Itching to follow up with the adventures of Chris Fairborne, aka Crimsonstreak, we have good news! The pre-order is now open, and there’s some nifty rewards available!
- Lots and lots of buzz for City of Devils in its launch week! M Fenn has an interview with Justin Robinson, plus a chance for you to win a digital copy of the novel! Over at Fanboy Comics, there’s a review, and another excited review at Booksnobbery. Good times! And if you want to know what all the fuss is about, you should see Bibliognome’s Sentence Sneak Peek.
- Are you in the NYC area? Get yourself over to Queens on October 9 for a night that’s not to be missed! Enigma Bookshop is hosting Leonard Richardson and Anne E. Johnson for a sci-fi blowout!
- This week was Banned Books Week, and the Guardian has put together a slideshow of the 10 most challenged books this year. I…actually sort of agree with challenging (though not banning) the Shades of Grey trilogy…not really appropriate for schools, you know? I think that might be the first time I’ve ever agreed with the challenges on these lists.
- Oh man, I wish we were a little closer to Queens – Enigma Bookshop is having a Humorous Sci-Fi and Fantasy party tonight! Grab half the authors at C&G and we’d REALLY make it a party…
- And speaking of Enigma…they’re going gangbusters. Congratulations to Claire and Hugh!
- …are we really putting together 70 trading card packs for City of Devils pre-order participants? YES WE ARE. …oh god…
- Holy cow, this experimental projection art is amazing. Prepare for your jaw to drop.
- This week’s cute animal break is all about corgis. Super corgis! And…this dude.