Mostly in production and ramp-up mode for several books…
Pressing Matters: Week of September 2-6, 2013
- It’s slush-readin’ time! SO MUCH SLUSH. We promise we’re getting through it, really!
- Finishing up on Grave revisions and waiting for rewrites to come back on Sword and Mixed Feelings. Yep, moving along…
- Proofreading continues on City of Devils, and we’re adding in the illustrations and vintage ads.
- Layout on Grave has begun!
Reviews, Promotions, and Buzz
- Kitty Cat’s Book Reviews has checked out City of Devils and loved it!
- So much that she ended up interviewing Justin...check it out for a great look into the writer’s mind.
- Excited about the book yet? Pre-orders for City of Devils by Justin Robinson are going nuts – we’ve already unlocked a few extra rewards, and we’re going for more! Get your own trading cards and monster protection kit now!
- We may be a Vermont-Philadelphia hybrid business now, with an outpost in Western Massachusetts, but we’re still in love with Bennington – and Bennington loves us back! The former arts editor at the local paper gives us a shout-out in his own sendoff.
- Congratulations to all the Hugo winners this year! A very strong slate…including Ken Liu, who contributed to The Other Half of the Sky!
- RIP Seamus Heaney, a great of both poetry and translation. His Beowulf is my go-to.
- The Not So Little Free Library. Because everything is better with more gears.
- Oh, what a great idea. Authors going to bookstores and hand-selling their books (and others) on Small Business Day! TAKE BACK THE BOOKSTORE!
- The CEO of the American Booksellers Association sends a “Dear Jeff” letter to Bezos about Amazon, tax fairness, and competition. Oooooh. Dang.
- Speaking of Amazon, nice of them to jump on the bundling bandwagon. Maybe now it’ll become easier for us to find the technological and logistical solutions we need to make it possible in a broader sense!
- Your Cute Break for the week: It Might be Bunnies.