Pressing Matters: Week of December 17-21, 2012
- Substitution Cipher is now available! Don’t miss this fantastic alt-history spy anthology.
- Several potential sequels have come in lately and are queued up for editorial attention. 2013 should be fun for followup novels!
- Editrix Sarah reports feeling spacey; must have something to do with editing The Daughter Star by Susan Jane Bigelow.
- ARC copies of The Other Half of the Sky are in hand and about to go out to reviewers.
- Hoping to get cover comps started for The Daughter Star soon…
- Talking to Brigid Ashwood about plans for the Art & Words series is always so exciting!
Reviews, Promotions, and Buzz
- Strange Horizons has a very thoughtful, in-depth review of Constellation Games by Leonard Richardson. It’s definitely worth a read (as is the novel!)
- Leanna.me was delighted to discover that there IS gay YA sci-fi available; check out her review of Debris Dreams.
- Author M Fenn finishes up her series on the real history behind her alt-history spy story, “So the Taino Call It,” in the Substitution Cipher anthology. Good stuff!
- Lots of Candlemark & Gleam authors are participating in the Long and Short Reviews Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest. Check it out for lots of fun holiday posts and chances to win books and more!
- We don’t expect the world to end today, but just in case, we’ve got marshmallows for toasting over the fires of the end of days. Anyone up for playing Count the Flaming Jaguars? It’s a traditional Mayan end of time game!
- The chupacabras are nearly tamed. You have no idea what a relief that is.
- Tor’s art director takes a tour of Quad Graphics to see how a hardcover is made. It’s worth a watch!
- Royalties and taxes are coming up soon. It’s time to lay in a stock of chocolate and bourbon and make with the accounting.