We now break from our sugar comas to present you with…
Pressing Matters: Week of October 29-November 2, 2012
- With a slightly reworked, streamlined ending, The Dominion is now edited and ready to go to production! Gayleen did an amazing job making you just want MORE, while still feeling satisfied.
- Nearly done with this round of revisions on The Daughter Star; it’s just about ready for a second editor to get their hands on it.
- Starting edits on a manuscript we’re not quite allowed to tell you about yet. Soon, I promise!
- Going through Round 4 of edits and proofing on Other Half of the Sky.
- Typesetting the Field Guide for Mr Blank pre-orders.
- Had a minor ink coverage crisis with the Debris Dreams cover. Thankfully, Karen Gadient is amazing and fixed things in no time!
- Digging into the cover design process for The Dominion. How exciting!
- Speaking of covers, the artwork for Other Half of the Sky is coming along, and it looks AMAZING. We can’t wait until we get to share it with you!
Reviews and Promotions
- Justin Robinson will be signing copies of Mr Blank at Booth 2012 in Artist Alley at the Long Beach Comic Con this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. Be sure to stop by!
- Justin will also be appearing at the Mysterious Galaxy Bookshop in San Diego at 3pm on December 1, as part of their holiday author series. Stop in at a GREAT bookstore to see a GREAT author – you won’t be sorry you did!
- Two new blog tours are getting going! Chrysoula Tzavelas is headed out on tour for Matchbox Girls from November 5-9; and Isabel Kunkle will be going out for Hickey of the Beast from November 9-16! Be sure to check in at the Events page for everything we’ve got going on.
- Do you have any idea what happens when you assemble 60+ golden chaos-causing apples in one place for a pre-order reward? Hint: the cat may never be the same.
- The first plush chupacabra off the production line for Mr Blank rewards looked like a demented teddy bear. The second one resembled the Hershey’s Kiss of the Damned. Third time’s a charm?
- There’s a new video/trailer available for Debris Dreams! It’s awesome.
- Running business errands – particularly to the post office – while dressed in a Hallowe’en costume is always entertaining.
- Still fighting with our accounting software to get it to streamline the way we track sales, so that we can keep authors updated on WHERE their books are selling. This is more complicated than it should be.
- Considering making a box fort inside the Corporate Lair. Don’t ask.
- Feeling a little despondent over the slushpile lately. I’m looking for something, and I haven’t found it…
- Assuaging said feelings of random despondency with goodies from Half Price Candy Day, AKA “the day after Hallowe’en.”